Korean-Style Pulled Chicken Sliders
These tender, sweet and spicy sliders are mighty good, like the mighty Concord grape they are made from.
- Combine gochujang and 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil in shallow dish; add chicken thighs and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat remaining oil in shallow saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 6 to 8 minutes or until softened. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Welch’s 100% Grape Juice and rice wine vinegar; bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, 1 cup (250 mL) water, chicken and gochujang; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken (reserve pan sauce) and let cool. Shred with two forks.
- Bring sauce to simmer over medium heat; simmer for 18 to 20 minutes or until thickened and reduced to 1 cup (500 mL). Add shredded chicken and toss to coat. Divide chicken among buns. Top with cabbage, carrot, cucumbers and cilantro.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 8 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs (42 ounces)
- 1 onion, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- ½ cup (125 mL) Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 whole wheat buns, split
- 2 cups (500 mL) green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup (250 mL) matchstick cucumbers
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves