Grape Crumble Bars
Who can resist the crunchy and soft texture of a good crumble bar? These bars get a touch of sweetness from Welch's Grape Jelly.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix until incorporated. Mix in the cereal.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with cooking spray, oil, or butter. Press half of the dough into the pan and reserve the other half.
- In a small bowl, break up the jelly into small pieces using a fork. Spread the jelly over the dough in the pan, leaving a gap that is about ⅛ inch from the edge of the pan. With your fingers, crumble the remaining dough over the top. Place into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups ready-to-eat all natural cereal or granola (with raisins and dates)
- 1 jar (10 oz.) Welch's Concord Grape Jelly